View Single Post

Old 01-03-2020, 08:59 PM

Liked 1,284 Times in 694 Posts
Default First new handgun of 2020 and it's a.....

Glock 17

I've never been a Glock "hater" just never thought of owning one, I'm a big S&W fanboy, remember? But I got some Christmas cash and was looking for something different to add to my stable of S&W's. First up was a Coyote tan Glock G19X, but when I returned to the shop, it had been sold then looked at an M&P 2.0 w/5" bbl in FDE, but after handling decided it wasn't for me. Then looked at a G45/G19/G17. LGS made me an offer on a new Gen 4/17 I couldn't pass up.

Went to the indoor range and ran 100 rounds through it (after cleaning/lube before hand). It shot okay, felt okay in the hand and was accurate enough-okay, I kinda liked it . Don't care for the standard Glock sights, so may have to change those. Was expecting to have trouble getting my shots on target, but no issues there either. (That whole grip angle thing).

That "Made in Austria" still irks me, first non-USA made handgun in my stable. But I have to admit, even though it's UGLY, it shoots and handles well. Just wanted to share my New Years experience...
The Following 9 Users Like Post: