View Single Post

Old 01-06-2020, 12:14 AM

Liked 415 Times in 173 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD View Post
So, just leave the safety off all the time, problem solved, no need to plug the safety hole rendering it always hot whenever ammo is chambered.

And no I don't want any govt involvement. When in Hades did I suggest that? Answer, never. Don
Why would one have a safety that is never used? In that situation the only purpose for the safety is to get activated unintentionally and become a disabler rather than an enabler (if you know you know). It is truly stupid to have a safety that isn’t used when you can have a version without a safety.

I like safeties as well, but would never recommend choosing a safety-equipped version to someone who wouldn’t use it. You suggest there is no reason not to have a safety... I’ve seen too many LE shootings where the safety was activated when it should not have been and multiple live rounds were tapped and racked onto the ground to think it’s right for everyone.

Last edited by SoCalDep; 01-06-2020 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Because my earlier response was pretty a-hole-ish. Sorry.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: