View Single Post

Old 01-06-2020, 01:12 PM

Liked 62 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
And if she’s not as dedicated as you feel she should be she should have a tool that has an identified disadvantage for her that could result in her being unable to defend herself against assault, rape, or murder?

Training only goes so far and much of that depends on the individual.

Maybe we should put a minimum training standard on being able to own a gun in the US?

Umm, first off, who's going to implement that standard and who's going to enforce it? Dangerous road there my friend...

She has more than demonstrated the ability to use a firearm for self defense if needed. However, at times and under stress, she forgets to thumb off the safety. As such, and considering that if she was ever faced with the extremely high stress need to use a firearm for self defense, an engaged thumb safety could mean the difference between life and death (or rape, or whatever). Since modern pistols have redundant safeties built in, the need for a thumb safety simply isn't there any more. I removed the thumb safety on the -9c and installed the plugs when she was still using that for self defense. Since she now uses my G19 for home defense, a thumb safety is a non issue.

BTW, how many keyboard warriors have actually faced an extreme stress situation similar to the need to use a firearm for self defense? My guess is a minuscule percentage. Are you so certain in your abilities that you'd be 100% sure to thumb off a safety when necessary...
Not necessarily directed at anyone specifically - just something for everyone to muse over.

Last edited by dpsk; 01-06-2020 at 01:16 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: