View Single Post

Old 01-08-2020, 11:51 PM

Liked 858 Times in 295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine49guy View Post
My guess is since the 4.25" and 6" Python can be sold in the US and Canada it makes sense to offer these first,
When sales begin to decline it then would make sense to offer them in blue,
As sales of the blue versions decline adding a 3" in SS or blue would gain the attention of the people that bought 4.25", 6" in SS and blue and now want to complete the set.

The new Python would make sense to people who like shooting Pythons but dont want to devalue their high condition piece.
Also makes sense to gun investors looking say 15 years down the road as they will likely be out of production by then.

I do like the look of the Python but never liked the old Colt trigger compared to S&W's.
Another consideration is that IIRC the new 4.25' Python is almost exactly the same weight as my 5" full underlug Model 629-3 Classic.
I don't have a preference as to the trigger of old Colts vs old S&W's - I just find them to be different. But that's true even when comparing my old Smiths against one another. My newer ones don't stand up to the ones from the 1950's, but it could just be that the older triggers are more seasoned.

But your statement has me thinking I need to do more comparisons. I believe tomorrow will be my 1974 19-3 4" vs a 1954 Colt 3-5-7 4". Really looking forward to comparing my 686-6 to a 2020 Python, but prices need to drop a lot.