View Single Post

Old 01-09-2020, 03:43 AM

Liked 761 Times in 280 Posts

Thinking outside the box. "Perception and Reality." Our world built on perceptions, such things heavily fostered here. And, to add, happily so. Mine, that the quality of older, generally higher than newer. Factually true about the Smiths we revere? Quite possibly, but again depending on the perceptions involved in defining "higher quality". The term speculate is often 'betting on general perceptions'. My own collecting, influenced very much by fellow collectors, most more "tech experts" in their fields. "Opinions of value", perception central. Beginning perhaps with notions of our own, but early on, heavily influenced by others with more established preferences. Showing off our "rarities". Some of which the very term "limited production" that we revere, reflecting actual market failures! That being their principal claim to fame!
Getting quite fundamental and esoteric here. But going back to my original claim... "Perceptions"... rule!
If we climb mountains "...because they're there!" We collect because of 'perceptions' and their influence on our perceptions.
All this perhaps better appreciated in company of favorite "libation'.
Just my perceptions!
Best!
John
John

Last edited by iskra; 01-09-2020 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Spelling... Smelling!
The Following 2 Users Like Post: