View Single Post

Old 01-09-2020, 09:35 AM

Liked 3,586 Times in 1,597 Posts

For me the Python has always been both a gun I wanted but passed on when the were affordable to get . I was attracted to the looks of the gun and feel of it in the hand.The one I shot was no more accurate for me than my model 27-2 that had a beautiful blued finish and a really nice action job done on it.Both my cousin who owned the Python and I preferred the trigger on the 27 which was like breaking a glass rod Compared to the Python stacking action.Shortly after owning his Python it seemed to go out of time a little and found out this can be common on this gun. This was reason enough for me not to spend the extra couple of hundred on one .Now it seems Colt themselves have publicly admitted this issue and has redesigned the Python correcting these issues and others making it a durable shooter.There is going to be a market for a lot of guys who lusted for one when they were affordable but passed due to the same reasons.But of course collectors and current owners will tell you that they have shot the bejesus out of several Pythons and never experienced a timing issue.There is talk on the Colt forum of hopes that Rick Grimes can do for the Python what Dirty Harry did for the 29.I truly hope Colt has learned a lesson and will no longer put their loyal fan base to the side if future government contract should arise.They just need to manage both like Smith & Wesson has always done with the Law Enforcement market.

Last edited by Laketime; 01-09-2020 at 09:37 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: