View Single Post

Old 01-09-2020, 12:26 PM

Liked 7,379 Times in 2,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy2525 View Post
It's an answer you'll never receive because you're asking for a yes or no answer to a question that depends on more information than just "do energy foot pounds matter."
Incorrect. I'm looking not only for yes or now, but how or why as well. So I'm perfectly open to an explanation, I just didn't want the thread to be derailed into an argument over silly stuff like folks of smaller stature being capable of shooting bigger bullets as well as larger folks, especially after we had already had a couple good posts which adequately covered that nonsense, or other such arguments regarding the FBI's decision to drop .40 in favor of 9mm. Yes, they're somewhat relevant, but they're not the point, and once folks get started on either subject, they don't want to stop.

Unfortunately, this is my issue with posting threads here. Everytime I do, folks go off on a tangent regarding a single facet of the discussion without ever returning to the topic itself, and when I attempt to steer the discussion back on topic everyone wants to argue with me about how the tangent is relevant to the main discussion and how the main topic is too difficult to answer, then bombard me with questions which were already answered in the first post, which they evidently only read the first paragraph of, hence the tangent.
If you cannot answer or otherwise don't want to answer, then don't. It's as simple as that. I don't expect everyone here to possess absolute knowledge on the subject, nor do I particularly mind if we never reach a definitive conclusion because I don't have unrealistic expectations of this thread. I would however, like it if we could stay on-topic rather than veer completely off course into a pointless, one-sided argument on controversial subjects which are doomed to result in the thread either being locked or prematurely abandoned because it can go no further.