View Single Post

Old 01-10-2020, 06:45 AM

Liked 5,296 Times in 1,268 Posts
Default S&W Dilemmas - what to get next?

I don't really need anymore S&W's but that "want" button is still being triggered in my head. I'm a Collector and Target Shooter in Australia. Here are a couple of guns advertised locally that I wouldn't mind taking a look at. Don't have the cash for all.

1. Model 620 - despite already having a 4" Model 66 and 686, there's one for sale locally and the price seems relatively good. Are they that rare and as accurate as everyone says they are?

2. Model 29 - Despite also having two other N Frames, I'm yet to get a .44 mag. My dealer has two coming in; 6.5" and 4". At the moment, I could only put these on my Australia Post 46 Collectors licence.

3. Model 10 - I feel the need to get a 4" model 10. I already have a 2" RB, 2" SB, and 3" SB.

4. Model 67 - I already have a model 15-2. Do I really need the Stainless Steel version?

5. Model 14 - I've been in discussion with my gunsmith about getting a Model 14 and turning it into a competitive ISSF Centrefire Pistol (similar to Bullseye). This would probably be the more practical choice of all the opinions and would get the greater use.

6. Not to mention I am already going to take a look at a nice Colt Cobra 1st Issue as well as trying to save my pennies for a new Colt Python when the hype as died down (as well as the price; currently being advertised as a pre-order for just over $3000 AUD or equivalent to $2060 USD.............you think you're being ripped off at MSRP of $1500 USD).

So my mind is all over the place at the moment. The Model 14 Centrefire Match project gun is the most sensible but my wife says I have none of that anyway (lol). Plus Model 14's are quite easy to come by compared with the other guns listed.

Any advice would be appreciated.