View Single Post

Old 01-10-2020, 10:29 PM

Liked 173 Times in 71 Posts

Back in the day (late 70's, early 80's) I had 3 Pythons, the 4 inch I carried on duty which had an armaloy finish and was magna-ported, another 4 inch in electroless nickel I loaned to my brother, and a 6 inch blue. All 3 had the snot shot out of them and we never experienced a timing issue with any of them. I think that was a make believe problem dreamed up by people who championed other brands.

I like Smith & Wesson, but there is not a single gun they make at the moment that I would spend my money on. I like the older revolvers from the 70's and 80's. I will never spend money on a revolver with a lock. I like the first and second generation autos. Never found a third generation I liked. I've taken several in on trade but just didn't care for them. And I tried! I really wanted to have a serious relationship with a 4006. Just couldn't get along with it.

I intend to buy one of the new Pythons with a 6 inch barrel as soon as I can find one. Just looking at the pictures posted on here by a forum member of the one he bought I can tell that the finish of the stainless is way better than any stainless ever offered by Smith & Wesson. That alone shows attention to detail and craftsmanship.

I would buy the Python. If you're gonna buy an N-Frame, buy one in a caliber more substantial than .357.

Last edited by 357larry; 01-10-2020 at 10:35 PM.