View Single Post

Old 01-11-2020, 12:09 PM

Liked 2,125 Times in 968 Posts
Smile

You allude to putting the 681 through some (possibly hard) use. You also said that neither has had the M-package recall done. IIRC, the M-mods were to prevent the possibility of a lock-up under usage with .357 (but it's been a LONG time). So.....I'd get both to S&W first, before doing anything else. Heck, perhaps they can save some money by having you ship BOTH in one box, but that's not the point. You want either gun to work, reliably. If you sell either, you want a clean conscience for the buyer.

Now then, I see you were a bit rash in asking which one to off. However, should you decide to sell one, both points have been well-addressed here. You don't SEE the fixed sight gun that often. However, it's just fine for CCW or home-defense. If you plan on hunting, or load-development....those adjustables may be worthwhile to hold on to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erocksmash View Post
The 581s are too hard to come by and I regret sending this one off for a refinish...
Hmmm, that 'R' word at the end can bring on some chills, LOL.
Pray tell, WHY did it need refinished? Was it a recovery outta the Everglades, corroded all to HECK? Accidentally stained by a chemical spill on your work-bench? Kept in a glove-box of a fishing boat for years?

NORMAL blueing wear at the leading edges of the muzzle, the cylinder, trigger-guard, crane etc. is honest wear. Did you have a basket-case of some kind?

Last edited by VictorLouis; 01-11-2020 at 12:10 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: