View Single Post

Old 01-11-2020, 07:42 PM

Liked 1,619 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lively View Post
If you like to arrive at the range with a bunch of pre-loaded clips, shoot them up and leave as quickly as possible they are. But those moon clips do not load themselves.

My experience with the 610 I had for many years was it takes a lot longer to load rounds into a moon clip and take the empties out of the clip than it does to just drop the rounds into the cylinder and pluck out the empties, even when using a tool to help get the empties out.

I know people that like to arrive at the range with all their clips and magazines loaded, shoot a couple hundred rounds in ten minutes and leave. But I prefer a slower pace and arrive at the range with empty magazines and load them as I shoot. Nothing wrong with either approach but if you like a slower pace the moon clips are nothing but a pain.

If someone buys a 9mm revolvers and uses moon clips can they shoot 380s?
The moonclips don’t load themselves but loading up 8 rounds is just as quick as loading up a 1911 magazine and you don’t have to scrounge around for brass afterward. Loading the clip might take 5 seconds longer than dropping the rounds into a revolver but I can live with that.

I load up 160 to 200 rounds at home and then go shooting. It’s definitely not a 10 minute affair. I’ve shot dozens if not hundreds of groups at 25 and 50 yards and regularly shoot steel targets at 100 yards with my 929. Just because I can reload faster doesn’t mean I have to blast away.

.380’s have a completely different size case. The base is narrower.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: