View Single Post

Old 01-11-2020, 10:25 PM

Liked 1,795 Times in 625 Posts
Default ANY .32S&W LONG, .32 H&RMAG, .32-20 WCF, OR .327FEDMAG FANS?

Shooting is an odd hobby.

I had been going bigger and hotter for several years; 357 Maximum, 44 mag when I got to shoot an old friend, the 32-20 WCF. I grew up in the tiny Texas town of Albany; nothing but cowboys. Of course my first real gun was a Colt first gen. In 32-20, it was a joy to shoot those mild loads to learn. My step-dad had the matching Winchester lever gun which I hunted with for years.

Now, I'm going the other direction, smaller and hotter; little pills going very fast. This last year, I acquired wheel guns that are like tanks; the Ruger Buckeye convertible with both 32-20 and 32 H&Rmag cylinders, and the Ruger Blackhawk 8 in 327 federal magnum. The Buckeye shoots 3 calibers. The BH shoots 3 different calibers as well. Guys, that's fun.

To show how crazy I am, I also acquired a 32-20 barrel for my T/C. Then at SAR, I got a beautiful 1915 Army Special in 32-20. If not careful, addiction can rule your life. It's great fun being a junky, until you get the bill.

I am handloading some fire-breathing Dragon rounds that hit 1600fps. My handloading is working overtime to produce dozens and dozens of different recipes and I love it. I've gotten into powder coating all my bullets and I feel like I've discovered a new arena for playtime. I enjoy silhouette and these new beauties are superb at distance, 100 yards or so.

Anyone else shooting or handloading the .32s ? Care to share a few recipes and what you're shooting.

Prescut
The Following 9 Users Like Post: