Thread: Wolff springs
View Single Post

Old 01-12-2020, 10:41 AM

Liked 152 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
I wasn't impugning the quality of the Wolff product, just their rationalization that the reason for the light strikes is that S&W didn't have the foresight to build their revolvers to work with aftermarket springs.

Light strikes with a "change-the-springs" action job is a well-known malady among those of us that shoot revolvers in competition.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
Bob,

I've never experienced a light primer strike as it relates to this discussion. I have never seen a light primer strike. I know of no one who has experienced a light primer strike.

If I were to experience a light primer strike and I were to eliminate all other potential causes leaving the mainspring as causal, would it be the gun's fault, the spring's fault, or my fault for installing an inferior spring?

Has everyone ever experienced a single problem with any Wilson spring. I haven't.

Wilson is renowned for quality. Why would Wilson risked its earned esteemed reputation by selling inferior parts bearing its name?

Omega makes the most accurate automatic chronometers in the world. The Omega Speedmaster, the only watch to survive NASA's chronometer testing process, is the only watch to have been on the moon. The precision of the Speedmaster saved Apollo 13 astronauts' lives. Omega is the official timekeeper of the International Olympic Committee. Do you think Omega would risk its esteemed reputation for crafting precision automatic chronometers by using inferior calibres?

Bob, if you've experienced light primer strikes, my suggestion is to determine cause. It might just be that you have incorrectly matched mainspring to gun.

Last edited by SixGunSancho; 01-13-2020 at 01:05 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: