View Single Post

Old 01-12-2020, 09:16 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 71 Times in 32 Posts
Default Gold Dots

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFireman View Post
I am with you there....I won't be changing anything until it is properly broken in. I may pull the side plate and clean the internals a bit, and maybe check for some rough machining & stone it flat.

Did you try the Gold Dots yet? I haven't seen any at my local pusher, but they sound ideal....there is a forum member who has actually had to use a 22 mag to save his life in VN....maybe he will chime in and re-tell his story here.
Gold Dots coming in later this week. tI'll report back when I try them. I wasn't ready to go all in and buy 2,000 rds bulk without having tried some, so I ordered 10 50rd boxes from my local dealer for 15/box.

I've been using full jacketed (plated?) Winchester Super X 40 grain. One light strike on the 80th round, but fired the second time around. I am always very satisfied with Winchester practice ammo for my 45's and 9's. I will need to get something for plinking.

This 351C is so light you can even carry it in sweat pants or lightweight summer clothing where a slightly heavier J frame would cause the clothing to sag and print. The lightweight of the speed strips is also a benefit.

But I too would like to hear from the forum member who used a 22 WMR for real. 40 grains at 1150fps ain't much.

Last edited by 44R; 01-12-2020 at 09:30 PM.