View Single Post

Old 01-12-2020, 10:21 PM

Liked 27 Times in 16 Posts

Thank you all, I have been cleaning out the garage and finding all sorts of brass, and bullets he had casted. and some looks like he had casted and powder coated. some im not sure are the correct caliper or not. Guess there is more to a bullet then just the mm of it like 9mm or 45. some of his has .056 or something like that wrote on notes in the bag..
I would like to reload some 9mm and maybe some 223. those only guns I plan to shoot any but look like he had already reloaded quite a bit. but planed to do even more.
they are 4 different sized bars of lead anywhere from right over one pound up to 5.5 pounds each. I went to GA Arms in villa rica ga and they said not to sell the lead for less then $1.80 per pound. I advertised on facebook and was talking with a member here, but the guy here only offered $125 per pound and only wanted 50-60 pounds.

found a bunch of LEE molds. some look older and in bad shape others look new still. i see new ones only cost around $15-$20 so not sure much money in selling them. But I just don't want to keep stuff that will never get used. I have already made two truck loads full of trash to the dump cause my dad kept every single thing he ever had. Things I hadn't seen in 20-30 years i had no clue he still had.

but im getting all the gun stuff in order. to see what all is there. lots of powder also is it safe to have powder stored all together? its in a garage that isn't for cars just has ammo and tools stored in it along with other things. kinda feel like we need a separate building just for all of that kinda stuff.

Thanks again for the kind words.