Thread: Gun Show Find
View Single Post

Old 01-13-2020, 02:12 AM

Liked 2,151 Times in 611 Posts
Default Gun Show Find

Checked out the gun show at McClellan Park last weekend and on Saturday I spotted a real nice High Standard Supermatic Citation Mod 107 Military in the original box with original paperwork and two extra magazines. I was in a bit of a hurry because I had to take my grand daughter (16) to her part-time weekend job. I planned to return in the afternoon and check it out but was unable to. I showed up early Sunday and the table that held the pistol was empty, the vendor had left. As I turned to leave the gentleman at the door asked me why I was leaving so soon and I explained that the vendor that had the pistol I interested in had left. The gentleman explained to me how that vendor was moving his shop out of the state and had held a sale just before closing the previous evening and sold everything. When I told him what pistol I was interested in, he directed me to another vendor who had purchased about half of what was available and the pistol I was looking for was one of the items. Lucky for me that vendor still had it and was willing to sell it, actually for $100 less than the previous vendor was asking the day before. I quickly filled his hand with some $100 bills and the Supermatic was mine! It's identical to the High Standard I used when I was shooting for our base team when I was in the Air Force back in the 60s and I've had my eyes open for one for a long time.

Last edited by OldChief; 01-13-2020 at 02:16 AM.
The Following 54 Users Like Post: