Thread: Bodyguard 380
View Single Post

Old 01-13-2020, 05:38 PM

Liked 1,352 Times in 504 Posts

My first pocket .380 was an LCP. I switched to a Bodyguard a few years ago because I wanted a thumb safety, and because the BG felt slightly better in my hand. (Big hands.)

My shooting buddy has a trigger gauge, but I suspect it would max out if we tried to measure my BG. It has a long, heavy trigger, for sure.

I haven't attempted to track how often, but every great once in a while, I get a light strike. Pulling the trigger a second time always fires the shell. It's very infrequent. Maybe once in the past couple years.

The same buddy has a Sig P238, which is frequently his carry gun. Not much alike between the two. Somehow, the Sig shoots MUCH softer than my BG, in terms of perceived recoil. I shoot the BG OK, but I am much better with his P238. It is one sweet shooting little gun.

So how come I haven't switched to a P238? Because I am not keen on pocket carrying it cocked and locked. And pocket carry is the only way I carry my BG. When I belt carry, it's a J frame, or sometimes a .45 Shield.

As one of the previous replies advised, try to find a BG at a gunstore or range and dry fire it. You will know right off if you like it.

Just my opinion, but a long heavy trigger pull is not all a bad thing when it comes to pocket carry.

Good luck.

Last edited by hyena; 01-13-2020 at 05:40 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: