View Single Post

Old 01-14-2020, 12:28 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 9,880 Times in 3,633 Posts
Wink FLASH PLATE?!!!!!

Pretty much everything Sal told you is either correct or indisputable opinion------------all except for that gobbledygook description of the bottom of a 2nd Model barrel. He meant to say 3rd Model barrel, but we cut him some slack on stuff like that because he's old---and easily confused sometimes.

Another one of those times is when he spoke of "the flash plate (like on a revolver)". The "flash plate" is also known as a recoil shield----or at least that's what I've heard tell.

Ralph Tremaine

Oh, and combination sets-----Sal said to correct him if he was mistaken (when he said there were several hundred). Much as it pains me to say I don't know how many there were, it's only because of THE BOOK. THE BOOK says there are 92 combination sets (63 based on .22's)----of course the same book says there were 862 1st Model .22 single shots--and the highest known serial number is 18XXX something; and I DO know for a fact there were a bunch more 1st Model 22's---and their serial numbers extend at least into the 23XXX something area. I also know #14272 which shows as a .22 is a .32, but that's not THE BOOK'S fault, but some nice little old lady's who put it into the wrong box.

Last edited by rct269; 01-14-2020 at 12:35 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: