View Single Post

Old 01-15-2020, 11:15 AM
US Veteran

Liked 7,840 Times in 2,818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwolde View Post
I'm trying to align the statement "I owned one Taurus (PT92) and one was enough." with "Even quality manufacturers such as CZ occasionally turn out a lemon."

Is it because you owned other CZ's before the lemon CZ? It seems to me that many times if a shooter has a bad experience their first time out with a brand it's dead to them for life. On the other hand if they get a lemon after already having experience with a brand it seems to be far less of a problem.
The first CZ I owned was a 75B. I don't remember if I got the 82 next or the RAMI.

BUT CZ has a long established track record of producing quality firearms. The .40 S&W RAMI had known issues that CZ never could get right and they eventually quit making them.

Taurus OTOH has a long established track record of NOT producing quality firearms. They earned their reputation for producing junk long before I ever heard of the company.

Since I Know Someone Is Going To Ask My wife bought the Taurus on her own while picking up another gun (The RAMI) that we had on lay-away for me. Had I been there when she bought it I would have done everything in my power to talk her out of it. That said it did work out for the best because I took 200 of the money I got selling the Taurus and bought a 4006

Last edited by Smoke; 01-15-2020 at 11:28 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: