View Single Post

Old 01-15-2020, 04:21 PM

Liked 7,366 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteve View Post
Marlin Model 60
Ruger LC380 (new)
Ruger 95 (used)
M&P 9 with a 5" barrel. Seriously, I got mine at an online estate auction that had two and they could barely give them away.
For some reason which alludes me, Smith & Wesson pistols from the late 3rd Gen Chief's Specials to the M&P series can be had for extremely low prices on the used market.

Back in 2015 my LGS used to get used CS40s in on a weekly basis for around $250, but I foolishly didn't buy any of them, (although I was tempted) because I got swept up by all the anti-40 rhetoric being spouted in the wake of the FBI dropping .40 S&W.
In 2017 there were a ton of unissued police trade-in M&P40s with 3 magazines and night sights on the market for as low as $300, but once again, I stupidly let them pass.
Then in 2019 a bunch of like new SIGMA SW#VE models hit the market for about $200, and by then I had finally learned my lesson, so I bought one. SIGMAs may not be popular, but by all accounts they work and all the issues had been ironed out by the VE series, so for the price of a new Hi-Point, I don't see how I could go wrong.

I have no idea where all the SIGMAs came from all of a sudden. Apparently some of them were Niagara Falls PD trade-ins, (yeah, apparently they issued SIGMAs at some point) but mine has no markings on it to indicate that it was ever issued to any policemen, came with a reduced capacity 10 round magazine, and according to S&W left the factory on 04/14/2004, so I can only presume that it was civilian owned.