View Single Post

Old 01-15-2020, 04:55 PM

Liked 51 Times in 31 Posts
Default Constant FTF problems with S&W 22 compact

Well, I've had my S&W M&P 22 compact for a while now, and my wife and i shoot it every week. I have tried many different brands of ammunition but have not been able to find one that shoots reliably in this gun. I would estimate that it varies from 100% failure with Federal Auto Match which is supposed to be the best for semi auto pistols....total disaster !

Other ammunition fails at varying rates but I would say nominally I get at least 2 FTF (fail to feed) in every magazine. It would not be so bad if all I had to do was to rack it again to load another round, but probably 90% of those failures require the removal of the magazine and using a wooden dowel I made and always carry to dislodge the casing from the gun. Real pain in the butt.

So, I probably going to sell this gun and replace it with a Glock 44 which is the new Glock 19 sized 22 semiauto once I see what people say about it. Supposedly, Glock is selling this gun to be a highly reliable 22 pistol that will shoot pretty much any ammunition. They also tout that it will help people with the size of a Glock 19 since it is the same dimensions as the Glock 19. So, kind of a starter pistol for a larger Glock.

My wife likes the size and weight of the S&W but gets really irritated with all of the stopping and clearing required. I bought this gun originally because I seemed to see lots of people saying this gun will eat anything....it doesn't !

Last edited by HJBM&P22Custom; 01-15-2020 at 04:57 PM.