View Single Post

Old 01-16-2020, 05:47 PM

Liked 858 Times in 295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddocktor View Post
I really don't know Scott, but that made me quit watching his clip. There is already enough video clips out there with poor handling of firearms without having another posted as a "review" that shows an unintentional, unaimed discharge downrange while the idiot posting it was paying attention to the video camera rather than his loaded weapon.

EDIT: and Texas Star, the strain screw thing would have been something I might have suggested too. But I also don't own any Colt revolvers and don't know them at all either. But I might consider one of these new Pythons though, after they work the bugs out. I think they are quite good looking and they don't have that ugly hole in the left side of the frame either.
I appreciate your comment about the strain screw. After that exchange I took the grip off my Python to see what the difference was. I suppose I should have done that a long time ago, but I've never changed grips on my Colts and just assumed all revolvers had a similar spring system. Now I have learned something new, so exposing myself to a little ridicule wasn't that bad.

I am a diehard S&W revolver guy, and only acquired my Python and 3-5-7 as comparison to my S&W's. Turned out they are great guns and I will probably never sell them; however, up until now I had no intention to buy another Colt. The curiosity is killing me and I will probably end up with a 4.25" this Fall.