View Single Post

Old 01-16-2020, 10:08 PM

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
Default Is the Model 41.........

........ still the same or has the quality gone south.

At 76 I finally purchased "the best 22lr pistol ever built". A Model 41. Took it to the range and could not fire more than two consecutive rounds without having stovepipe after stovepipe. CCI Standard Velocity ammo.

So I took it back to the dealer and they replaced it. Yes... replaced it.

Took that one to the range and it was even worse. Failure to feeds, stovepipes, failure to fire, etc. I fought through 300+ rounds hoping it would "break in" but it got even worse. Buy the end, the magazines would not release unless I fought with them.

Off to SW it went and I got it back yesterday after they replaced the extractor, mag catch and safety. It says the fired it.

I fired 60+ rounds of CCI Standard Velocity from two different batches and with three different magazines and I had 3 stovepipes and 17 failures to fire. Some of these were because the empty was still in the chamber, the chamber was empty or the hammer would not drop when the trigger was pulled. Also, the slid NEVER stayed open on the last round. Therefore the dreaded dry fire.

I have 16 22lr handguns to include Rugers, Walthers, Berettas, Buckmarks and SW's(Victory, 622, M&P, 22A). Oh........ and did I mention a Taurus TX22 which has never faltered. Can't say that about the most expensive pistol I own(but wish I didn't).

So............. off to SW it went........... again.

So my question is, am I just unlucky or has the quality of these gone to $#@!? Thanks.