View Single Post

Old 01-18-2020, 11:39 AM

Liked 321 Times in 154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry Callahan View Post
Okay, I've never heard a burlap sack referred to as a crocker sack before.

But again, who would ever want to voluntarily destroy their own Glock whittling away at the frame with a knife, melting it into a gooey mess with a heat gun, (whatever that is, another term I'm unfamiliar with, I suppose.) or feed it to their dog?

Honestly, two out of three of those occurrences require deliberate destruction of one's own firearm, and the third requires one to negligently leave their firearm in a place where their dog can get it.

I'm sorry, but your argument is completely absurd. If you prefer all metal firearms to polymer framed firearms, then that's fine, so do I, but your attempt to push the objective superiority of them is completely ludicrous. At least come up with a realistic, involuntary occurrence that could potentially destroy a Glock yet leave a SIG unharmed.

I mean, really... As long as we're using such absurd examples... What's to stop someone from spontaneously carving away at a SIG with a dremel tool, melting it down in a blast furnace, or trowing it into a trash compactor?

Last but certainly not least, do you honestly mean to tell me that you would not accept a free Glock, even though you could obviously turn around and sell it or trade it for another firearm? ...Wait, this guy who would nonsensically destroy a Glock for no reason, it's you, isn't it?
Some people couldn't find their way out of a crocker sack of you gave 'em directions. You have got to let these type of people be. I mean, I tied my Sig to the back of my boat and went boating all day and it came out beat up as heII, then would you believe it, it rusted! What a joke, it must be an inferior piece of junk to my holy grail GLOCK...
All kidding aside, I just do not shoot some hammer fired pistols like my Sig 239, as well as I do a striker fired gun. Same goes for my Beretta 92fs. Some things like strikers and their reset, take some time to get used to. But once you do, they can be the better option.
Some people though, you find it might be easier trying to plss up a rope, than to convince them of something or compromise their sterling reputation in the firearm community.....

Last edited by daglockman; 01-18-2020 at 11:41 AM.