View Single Post

Old 01-18-2020, 09:47 PM
Banned

Liked 32,463 Times in 7,773 Posts

Quoting from one news source:

"The Virginia Citizens Defense League's yearly rally at the Capitol typically draws just a few hundred gun enthusiasts. This year, however, thousands of gun activists are expected to turn out. Second Amendment groups have identified the state as a rallying point for the fight against what they see as a national erosion of gun rights.

VCDL president Philip Van Cleave said he's heard from groups around the country that plan to send members to Virginia, including the Nevada-based, far-right Oath Keepers, which has promised to organize and train armed posses and militia."

To his credit, VCDL President Phillip Van Cleave has made it clear...or tried to...that it is a Lobby Day on the 20th and not a Protest Day. I'm not sure that everyone who's going to attend is on board with that thought.

I'm sure there'll be lots of hand-held signs and banners displayed...signs on sticks are banned. There'll probably be lots of American flags carried and displayed. Possibly some other flags as well. And I hate to say it, but I'll bet there'll be some Confederate flags displayed, or variations of it. I'd be happy to be wrong about that. All that's just speculation on my part, anyway.

I'll be hoping for no fights or brawls, and above all, no gunfire. Hoping the skinheads will stay away. There'll probably be anti-gun groups hanging around on the fringes, possibly shouting and carrying signs. Also hoping some clown doesn't set off a bunch of firecrackers or other fireworks.

I guarantee you the national media's gonna be on hand, waiting for someone to screw things up. This event will be covered in the media no matter what happens.

If this whole thing goes south, there's gonna be a bunch of people playing that other national pastime...the Blame Game.
The Following User Likes This Post: