View Single Post

Old 01-19-2020, 03:36 PM

Liked 146 Times in 37 Posts

I want to jump in here with a few thoughts. Less lethal has very limited applications in a home defense situation and I would never suggest it's use. Police applications always have an armed officer present to stop the threat when less lethal fails, a very frequent occurrence. I've seen people take blasts from less lethal shotgun blasts and it's clear that it hurts but I can't think of one where it actually stopped the offender. It's clear that less lethal hurts but most of the loads are so light, due to civil issues, that they are pretty ineffective. Using deadly force is something we all think about but it's not a pleasant experience and it will change your life, take it from me without further explanation.

People think too much about excessive penetration. Many shots miss their intended target in the heat of battle and those shots are no different than a pass through. Get a safety plan in place with those that could be in your home. Make dry runs so your loved ones know where to be and know this practice is essential. They don't need to be scared, just prepared, and dry runs will show them how to be ready for he unexpected. Do as you are trained and know the training will mentally prepare you......"I thought this would happen and this is what I need to do"

You need to step up and prepare yourself with an adequate firearm and ammunition, and be prepared to use them if the situation presents. Situations unfold very quickly in most instances and you can't handicap yourself with an expectation that you will have time to fire several times. Timing is critical and you may be stopped by an offender if you do not act quickly and efficiently. Over penetration is an issue but your loved ones should be in positions where you can and should avoid shooting, "know your target and beyond". My post could go on and on but I think I expressed my thoughts. Best wishes to all and please consider this advice.

Last edited by thebolt; 01-26-2020 at 01:04 PM.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: