View Single Post

Old 01-19-2020, 03:55 PM

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model 52 View Post
When I read this thread and any other thread regarding problems on a Model 41, I see many inconsistencies with what is spoken not he forum and the printed documentation written by Smith&Wesson. We all need to be careful that the information we give is correct.

For example, we read on the forum only CCI Standard Velocity should be used so the Mod 41 is not beat. We read the Model 41 was designed only for CCI or other standard velocity ammo. And many other campfire tails. This not true, its not what Smith & Wesson says.

I own a new PC Mod 41. From the first day its only been given CCI Mini Mags and I have never had one type of problem whatsoever. It always goes BANG. I have in front of me the Smith & Wesson Owners manual for the Model 41. The reference number on the back page is
Rev:Mod41_101012. In the section of Ammunition it states use .22 Long Rifle of any type. Stamped on the barrel of my Mod 41 is .22 Long Rifle. The owners manual cautions to only use ammunition that meets SAAMI specs. The owners manual does go on to caution that some .22 ammunition has variations in primmer sensitivity varies between brands and types. Smith and Wesson recommends trying different brands/types to determine reliability of ignition. If failure to fire occurs, try other brands of ammunition. Use what shoots good in your Mod 41, and that well may be CCI Standard Velocity. Read your own owners manual or request one from S&W.

There we are, right from the mother ship, you can use ANY .22 long Rifle that meets SAAMI Specs *period* No gun will be destroyed or damaged. I concede its possible these error filled rumors may have been true on early Model 41’s, but not on new ones. What we need to know from the mother ship is; Has .22 LR SAAMI always been approved from Model 41 conception to present. Or we need to know where the change to any .22 long rifle SAMMI occurred, The serial number change point or year date. Then we can put to bed rumors and give valid info.

Model 52 (putting on my Nomex Underware

I can partially agree with the SV thing but I shoot that and wanted to shoot it before I made the purchase. That is why I called SW BEFORE I purchase to be sure it liked it. I don't what the sonic boom thing. After I shot the first one I had and the second, I called them again to explain. They assured me the gun was "..designed to CCI SV".

As for supersonic ammo, I tried it (four different brands including CCI Mini Mags) in the first and again with the second and they all malfunctioned the same. I did not try it with the return from the repair shop. I did call SW and again said that CCI SV should work.

I do feel for the price of the gun, it should eat just about anything as my others do that are 20 to 50 percent of the cost.