View Single Post

Old 01-20-2020, 03:38 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 11,688 Times in 3,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
To his credit, VCDL President Phillip Van Cleave requested that Lobby Day attendees not bring their long guns to the event.

"In their press release, they (the VCDL) wisely urged folks to leave their long guns at home. If you are asking how you can help with VCDL’s mission, carrying long guns at Lobby Day is not helpful – it is a distraction. VCDL’s important messages inevitably get lost as the press rushes to get pictures of anyone carrying an AR or AK. The stories then become about the rifle, not VCDL’s agenda."

Well, so much for that request.

Looks as if a whole bunch of people made the choice to obviously ignore the Big Dog's request. I wonder if they realize they've played right into Northam's and the anti-gun media's hands? Perhaps they just don't care. In addition to just looking ridiculous, some of them look like every anti-gun person's worst nightmare.

Nothing like reinforcing the anti-gunners' stereotypical images of gun owners to get your pro-gun point across. Van Cleave was right...the press eats this scat up with a spoon.

Some folks never learn.

People who are part of an armed militia group arrive near the Virginia State Capitol building to advocate for gun rights in Richmond, Va. January 20, 2020.
(Reuters)

A person carrying a gun stands near the Virginia State Capitol building to advocate for gun rights in Richmond, Va. Jan. 20, 2020. (Reuters)

Demonstrators stand outside a security zone before a pro-gun rally, Jan. 20, 2020, in Richmond, Va. (Reuters)

People who are part of an armed militia group walk near the Virginia State Capitol building to advocate for gun rights in Richmond, Va., Jan. 20, 2020. (Reuters)
Meh. VA is still an open carry state. Those folks were completely within their rights. No need to go all "Chicken Little" just because some folks wanted to show up in kit. Big media will play it as they like regardless of what we do.So I'm not concerned about how this will play. Actually a combination of being too accommodating and plain old apathy got us to this point in the first place.

In watching 4 hours of live streaming I don't think I've ever seen a more polite crowd. That leads me to think the media will try to sweep this under the rug as soon as possible.
"OMG! Look at all those people with GUNS! What happened?!?"
"Umm. Nothing."

I'd chalk it up as a success.
SWCA #3356, SWHF#611

Last edited by delcrossv; 01-20-2020 at 04:05 PM.
The Following 10 Users Like Post: