View Single Post

Old 01-25-2020, 03:44 PM

Liked 1,664 Times in 730 Posts

S&W 3rd Gens are all that I use, whether for carry or as a nightstand gun. The whole reason I started collecting them was for CC due to the manual of arms, safety of operation, and reliability. The fact that they are also usually very affordable on the used market and just plain fun to learn about and collect simply adds to the experience!

I have a nicely-used 3913TSW with the rail removed that has been in my holster more often than not lately, though in the Summer I will rotate between a 3913TSW pre-rail and my CS9. Others that get into the rotation during the colder months include a late-production 457, 6904 Long Slide, 915, 4040PD, and occasionally a 4566TSW. My nightstand gun is generally a 5906TSW with a bobbed hammer, 20-round mag, and a Streamlight TLR-1.

I wound up making some leather IWB holsters, one that fits all of my 39xx guns as well as my 4040PD, and another that's specifically made for my CS9. OWB holsters are generally old-stock DeSantis models that I've sniped off of eBay over the years, specifically made for S&W 3rd Gens and found at very nice prices.
The Following 10 Users Like Post: