View Single Post

Old 01-25-2020, 08:33 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 13,182 Times in 2,860 Posts

BMCM I have been carrying my 4506-1 almost everyday too. We have had a rash of robberies lately, locally. Targeting gunshops. Some "agency folks" came by and briefed us on the probable cause and shared that they thought an escalation into daylight take over robberies might be possible/probable.

So, my 4506-1 has been on my hip since, when I am at the shop. Carried in a Don Hume JIT slide. A very comfortable way to conceal and carry a full size gun. But the 12 guage under the counter will be my 1st choice.

I took my 4506-1 to the range today. Another flawless 275 rounds. Shooting a full size all steel pistol, after a few months of shooting light weight compacts and sub compacts is a joy! "A" hits out to 20 yards are effortless. "Head shots" on a 3 inch Shoot-N-Cee reactive target are relatively simple, compared to having to work at the basics shooting the smaller guns. The big stable platform makes accurate shooting.......easy.

Of course the Trijicon front sight and blacked out Novak rear help too.

I would not leave a 4506 in the safe over concerns about breakage. There use to be a fella here named Dennis, who had over 28K through his 4506 no dash. He never broke anything. And one of the gunrags, back in the day, did a "torture test" on a 1006 and a 4506-1. 5K rounds, IIRC with no cleaning shot in one sitting. If memory serves, the 1006 broke the tip off the ejector - but still functioned and completed the test. The 4506-1 broke nothing. Spare parts, should they be needed are readily available, online.

Don't worry. Shoot and enjoy them. I have never heard of a 4506-1 breaking a frame. Maybe my friend CALREB, who saw and serviced far more 4506s than I could share his experiences.

vigil617 I am green with envy at that WVSP 4566TSW! Regards 18DAI