View Single Post

Old 01-26-2020, 11:49 AM

Liked 855 Times in 365 Posts

Not sure which Sub-Forum I should have posted in, but thanks for all the comments. I had heard about issue, which I now understand were from early manufactured pieces. I like DA/SA guns like the Walther PPKs and the Walther PK3980, but have seen terrible reviews of the PK380. Since it looks like the Shield, but without the grip safety and internal hammer, I was wondering if it was an extension of when Smith was manufacturing Walther's under license. Looking at the required take down tool for the Walther and the lack of a grip safety, I guess they only look a little alike.

Went to a local gun shop and looked at a bunch of .380s. Was waited on by a supposed knowledgeable guy who told me to get the Smith over the Walther as he only like Striker Fired semi-automatic pistol. I had to correct him that the Smith is a Hammer Gun, just the hammer is internal. He didn't believe me until he took it down and had to apologize.

Was able to rent one at a Long Island Range. Will have one for my girl friend on Tuesday. (My Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday Girl Friends don't shoot! :-)

I bought a S/S New Manufacture PPK/s for myself.

Bob