View Single Post

Old 01-28-2020, 10:47 AM

Liked 123 Times in 65 Posts

I have a LCR .357. I shoot .38 at the range and carry SGD 135gr Short Barrel in .357. This is around 70 ft lbs more than the .38+P SGD load. Very manageable and the LCR has a great trigger pull. However the reset has to be all the way forward-long and light. I have to train to fully release the trigger and not short stroke. Much easier to do when actually firing the gun due to recoil than in dry fire practice. I also have a LCR in .22lr as a trainer. Heavier trigger pull which makes it even better for practice especially dry firing. I recently bought a Kimber K6s. First time I took it to the range with the LCR my impressions were-"what a great gun the LCR is"-at 2/3 the price :-( The Kimber went back to the factory for trigger work and sight regulation. It is hitting where I aim but Kimber didn't do anything to the overly heavy and nochie trigger. So the Kimber is at my gunsmith getting a descent trigger job on a $700 gun. The upside to the Kimber is it appears to be very accurate even at 15 yds. I have no regrets about buying the LCR .357 and LCR .22lr. Love for the Kimber is still an open question. I also have a Smith model 65 three inch bull barrel and round butt. This was worked over by the Smith Custom Shop and sold as a Custom Shop gun. Hammer bobbed and double action to die for. But it is a heavy lump for me to carry and more of Safe Queen.