View Single Post

Old 02-01-2020, 12:39 PM

Liked 4,960 Times in 1,303 Posts
Default My 2¢ worth.

Hi, All;
This is "My Method". I worked every hour of overtime that I could, before I retired, and became debt free, as soon as possible. I worked every non trade related job that I could find, sold scrap metal, did every repair job that I was capable of doing, on our home, and vehicles. My wife helped, by sewing, gardening, and made some of our clothes, curtains, drapes etc. Together we maintained that large fruit, and vegetable garden, and some fruit trees. We enjoyed living the year around, from the produce from them, by canning, and freezing that produce. We Squandered very little money on extravagant meals, or partys, and didn't gamble. I kept a 'Kitty' cash fund, earned by the aforementioned methods to buy our non essential things with. I can truthfully say that I never bought a gun from our household operating funds. Those non essential items, were bought with cash from our 'kitty', or by swapping and trading. I won't say that "MyWay"
is the only way, but it's one that surely works. Sorry for the long winded story of "My Method".

Chubbo
The Following 3 Users Like Post: