View Single Post

Old 02-02-2020, 08:20 AM

Liked 86 Times in 28 Posts

Thank you for all of the responses, I am not going to melt these down, it was just a way to salvage something from them if they had no value.

In this lot of ammo, bullets and reloading equipment, there were numerous boxes of old Remington, Norma and Speer bullets, all of them sealed and all of them with (I am assuming) penciled dimensions (the Norma bullets are written to four decimal places) and weight right on the box. I do not know that I have ever run across a bullet collector, so these might simply be shot up. 30-06 was his favorite caliber and I have probably a thousand rounds of brass, dating all the way back to the first world war, and all of it in near pristine condition.

It makes sense that these 45 bullets have different outside diameters, but I am guessing that someone using these would open a box and simply randomly place bullets in case mouth's until they had whatever was considered proper tension and then measure that particular bullet.

I think I will go over to the CMP forum and post this up if it will allow a new member to post a photograph. I would like to pass these on to someone who would appreciate them if they have collectors value, and a little extra money for the ammo fund is always a good thing.