View Single Post

Old 02-02-2020, 01:54 PM

Liked 1,824 Times in 742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photog View Post
I agree with one of the above posters, that people appear to be filled with glee that Colt is having problems.
I can promise you that the hard core collectors out there who have many thousands of dollars invested in vintage Python are hoping and praying that this reissue of the Python fails. If it is successful it won't help the value of their collections. If it fails miserably, it will likely enhance the value and demand for their vintage "safe queens." We saw this with the sorry attempts to repeal the NFA and/or de-regulate suppressors. The collectors who invested heavily in Class III and had to go to all the paperwork trouble over the years...didn't want to see everything become cheaper and more easily available. As for me, I have zero interest in a Python...old or new...BUT I really want the Python to be a huge success and dominate the revolver market. WHY? Because maybe S&W will get of its +++ and start giving its malignantly loyal customer base what it really wants...a lockless for starters.