View Single Post

Old 02-03-2020, 12:48 AM
US Veteran

Liked 19,049 Times in 6,879 Posts

Someone else will have to help you with the picture posting process. Not my forte. As a Forum member, I just upload them to my albums and then transfer them to threads as needed.

Now to the important part - your revolver.

From your description, it is definitely NOT a Model 34-2. That is actually a ridiculous suggestion. No doubt your dealer knows little, if anything, about older S&W revolvers. I suspect he saw your "upside down 2" and figured it meant something it doesn't.

Here's the deal. You have a .22/32 Kit Gun Model of 1953. It is probably from around 1956 or 1957, based on my limited knowledge of the serial sequence for this model. I know that in the low 30,000s they were still not model stamped, and numbers in 1955 started around 11,000. PLUS yours has the serial number stamped on the rear face of the cylinder. S&W stopped doing that in the mid-1950s.

All those numbers and marks on the yoke ("crane" on Colt's revolvers, not S&W) and on the frame in the yoke cut are of no value to you in identifying the gun.

If you figure out how to post photos, we will be happy to see them. I, myself, am a fan of the Kit Guns. Don't yet have enough of them. Wife likes them too!
SWCA #2475, SWHF #318
The Following 4 Users Like Post: