Thread: Press Lighting
View Single Post

Old 02-03-2020, 06:03 PM

Liked 5,259 Times in 1,732 Posts
Default Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan the Butcher View Post
+1 on above. The cute little strip lights only put out "cute little light!" If your loading area is too dark you need good area lighting! I placed a 4' shop light above the bench at the ceiling and one about 6' behind me when at the bench, they light up the room and I can see when loading on my 550b , T-7 or Rock Crusher Supreme. These are LED shop lights from Manard's and put off very little heat. I hooked them into a pull chain light. Cost: Shop light on sale $15 each and about $8 for screw in adapter and two 3 to 2 prong adapters. I can see elsewhere in the room in the back of30" shelves with componets stored on them

Ivan
My workshop has the usual two tube fluorescent shop lights ceiling mounted overhead at about 10/11'. One quit cold, needed a new ballast. The replacement ballast was more than a new hanging shop light of the LED type. I replaced the bad with the new hanging at 8' and am I impressed. I resolved to start replacing the others one by whenever I get the time and energy.

I then went to my reloading room and replaced the two tube fluorescent that is mounted about 1' behind my head position and 4' above me. I really like the quality of the light from the new LED 4' fixture. It has improved the quality of time and effort to reload.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: