View Single Post

Old 02-04-2020, 02:49 PM

Liked 9,976 Times in 2,065 Posts
Default **New grips!** 29-2 first range trip

**Ready to hit the range in an hour or so, got the stag grips from Grashorn and the adapter from BK today. The grips feel great though the adapter doesn't fit so well against the frame, a bit of a gap on the right hand side. Regardless I'm now truly ready for a bbq **

Last weekend I got out to the range with my new-to-me 4" 29-2 (from 1978 according to S&W). The only ammo I had on hand was 240gr swc .44spl from a company called Grizzly. Found it at Sportsman's Warehouse from when I had a 3" 624.

Anyway-my first time shooting a revolver I only go to 10 yards to see how it/I do. The hits upper right on the target where the first rounds, adjusted the rear sight and did better.

Put a couple of cylinders through when it bound up. Turned out the ejector rod loosened up. I was able to get it finger tight but want to take it in to my gunsmith just to have him make sure it gets tightened to specs.

Really love a 4" N in such an iconic caliber. Might just need another set of stag grips to make it mine. Waiting on a beautiful Hank Sloan style holster to arrive any day. It's a little dirty from shooting but it cleaned up just fine.

Last edited by S&W Fan; 02-15-2020 at 08:25 PM.
The Following 33 Users Like Post: