Thread: 915 Worth it?
View Single Post

Old 02-04-2020, 05:21 PM

Liked 52 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by antilamr View Post
I've come across a 915 with about 400 down the pipe. Looks to be in 98%+ condition. I know its s&w's first attempt at the Value line and there were a gazillion of these made over the 3 or so year run. That makes them a less than collectable piece of fine hardware. Read they're a fine full size duty/defense/range gun.(better to shoot & enjoy).

Being in a non free state usually means a higher price tag on everything S&W for me. Seller is asking $450 with 2 magazines.

Here's my dilemma, do I spend a little more for a more collectable (valuable) 3rd gen variant or just buy this inexpensive one and enjoy it for what it is? I have a 3913 which I'm in love with and looking to expand my holdings.
Any 915 owners with thoughts pro or nay would be appreciated. Strong suits and weak links as well.

It would mainly be used for range & home defense as my 3913 is for carry.
funny this pops up. I was looking for original boxes so I can sell a couple of pieces and I found the box for my 915. I gave it to my daughter a few years ago. Mine was a good shooter, high capacity and was light for carry. price is high as they list at 275 for a 95% condition.