View Single Post

Old 02-06-2020, 07:54 PM

Liked 3,927 Times in 2,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chino74 View Post
My Semiautos always run., occasional stove pipe or failure to lock slide back, that stuff happens rarely usually when breaking in my 1911's. Although things can also happen w Glocks., especially if the magazines are not the latest manufacturer., as far as I know that would be a '9' on the mag follower, I never use older version mags or mags with an added round capability follower...and I only use Glock Mags...all this applies to 1911 platforms as well IMO. Stock Colt mags, McCormick or Wilson.

On the other hand my Ruger Alaskan at the range today malfunctioned after 18 rounds, what did I get? Cylinder rotates with DA trigger pull & the hammer does not cock...that's a failure that will get U killed. That will require a stiffer trigger reset sprng...getting into the guts of it soon..

Semiautos tend to function in a more or less linear fashion, revolvers U have things rotating up, down, around clockwise & counterclockwise. They tend to be more complicated & rely on mechanical movement imparted by the user much more so than a typical semiauto.

So my point is...when revolvers fail in a fire fight you're in trouble...a semiauto can usually be cleared & back in action.
Mostly true. There are no malf drills for revos because it it fails, it is usually not fixable on the clock. Most semi malfs can be cleared with one of 3 drills but parts do break. I have seen GLock trigger springs let go. Now you have a single shot you have to manually reset the trigger for.