View Single Post

Old 02-07-2020, 08:10 PM

Liked 221 Times in 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockquarry View Post
Some tools used to seat primers won't fully seat every time, due to wear or because it's not a good priming tool. Run your finger over every seated primer as a check. CCI small pistol and other CCI primers work fine in guns that are in good condition and have not been tampered with. I buy the small pistol primers in cartons of 5,000. I've used more CCI for all cartridges, rifle and handgun, than other primers, but I suppose I've used most of the others, too. I started buying CCI in 1965.

Range pickup brass will often work fine, but it will never work better than same headstamp or same lot brass that you know the history of and primer pocket depth may not be uniform with the pickup brass.
Using the same load and whatever brass I find on range floor never had a problem until I bought my first box of CCI. All my guns are new. My X5 legion does have a competition Grayguns sear, reduced sear spring and pelt2 trigger. My MP 2.0 in both compact and 5" barrel model are bone stock and I get light strikes every three to four shots fired.

I then ran factory ammo from 115gr to 157HST and not one light primer strike not one.