View Single Post

Old 02-07-2020, 11:59 PM

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

steelslaver
I sent S&W the same pic today.and asked what my options were for repair. So the wait is on.

The last thing i was shooting was my cast wad cutters.very soft alloy.this bullet shot very well but not for long.the chip was shaving the bullet pretty bad. the frame was covered with lead.this is what i got this gun for was shooting the wad cutters.

So a 37 thread pitch.I have been a tool and die maker for 40 years.It looks to me one turn might do the job.I have looked at it as best i can and do not see a crack.But don't mean it is not there.I am open to about anything that can be done with it.Of corse i would love to see it as it is but a good shooter,is what i want.I looked for quite some time for a 3T 14 in nice shape saw this 8.375 gun and fell in love.The love for K frames wore off quick.when it went from a tack driver to a shotgun i was just sick when i found the problem. I sure hope smith can do something for me.If not the search for a barrel will get more serious.I would imagin there are not many out there let alone one that is worth putting on.