View Single Post

Old 02-11-2020, 04:11 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 1,087 Times in 426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Corp View Post
This has helped me realize I'm a bit of a hypocrite.
In conversations with other gun guys, like many here, I'll profess to loathe poly-pistols.
We've all heard the analogies - I compare my used, LE-trade G19 to my Estwing hammer. A great tool that reliably does all it's designed for and does it well. There's almost zero pride of ownership, but you can count on it working.

Then, realized that there's a few other poly-pistols I own and have stellar results with.....
Summer pocket carry 98% of the time is a Kahr PM9 I bought in the late 90's when it was about the only 'tiny 9' on the market. Still works great for that.

Wife owns and shoots two polys - a KelTec P3AT .380 occasionally and a S&W M&P 9mm Compact. Both have been extremely reliable.

I attended a S&W Armorer's Course some years back and was handed a voucher to get any M&P auto for the sum of $200. I didn't really want one all that much, but gosh - $200. Yeah, I checked the block for a M&P midsize .45 with thumb safety (per my M1911 proclivities). It's been a great gun and the one I use for occasional security contracting work.

So, guess I need to reign in any overt poly bashing, since it's obvious there really is a place for them. Heirlooms? No, but good no-nonsense tools.
Well said, sir