View Single Post

Old 02-12-2020, 06:55 AM

Liked 296 Times in 137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfors View Post
A female friend of mine is looking for a semi-auto, in .22LR. This would mostly be a plinking/range (out to 10 yards) gun. Everyone has warned us to stay away from the Walther, but other than that, there are a bunch of choices out there. My range does rent guns, but I'd like to narrow down the list of possible guns. $10 a range gun can get spendy, if we try to shoot everything they have. She had a Beretta 71, which was just about perfect, for her, but she had to give it back to her Dad. Eventually, she'll end up with it, so she doesn't want to "duplicate" that gun. She had no problem racking the slide, on that one, and I enjoyed its ease of field stripping, for cleaning purposes.
Looking for something similar. What do you guys and gals recommend?
Thanks,
George
Lots of choices! You never said how much you wanted to spend! DON"T go by who is selling them, go by who is actually
making them.

Let me clear up the Walther comment on the .22 1911 series

Colt Gov model .22 series are now being made by Walther in Germany and very well made! If you watch videos on this weapon make sure your watching the new ones not ones from 6 or 8 years ago. That being said I have the rail model and it has performed flawlessly. These can be purchased for under $400.00.

I have a M-41, that's not a pistol you just want to shoot at close range. $900.00 to $1,400

Grand Power K-22, Excellent pistol, if you can find one.

The next .22 I will purchase..

The Sig Sauer 226BR-22-BAS-SAO

If you get the Sig .22 you can later buy a 9mm slide for it and it is cheaper to buy the .22 first then to buy the (9mm then buy the .22 slide

Everything in both weapons are the same except for the slide of course. Under $600.00

One important point to consider, Buy a .22 that you can HOLSTER!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01533.jpg (162.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg sig226 22lrsao.jpg (166.7 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by MJK-MOD-547; 02-12-2020 at 07:16 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: