View Single Post

Old 02-12-2020, 08:58 AM

Liked 6,257 Times in 2,328 Posts

I can by experience state that a .45 ACP applied Texas style to a big heavy dog that has just killed my daughters cat will absolutely settle that dog down quick. It also works very well when applied in a chest shot on the other dog. We had just pulled up in the driveway and the pistol was handy ... lying on the floor under the front seat. Incident occured just after getting home on Sunday from church. Turned myself into the police that afternoon for discharging a pistol w/in the city limits. They asked that in the future I keep a .22 LR caliber rifle handy.

I also highly recommend a good pair of Danner Ft. Lewis boots. This is from personal experience. Used the right hand boot on a big bulldog that jumped my puppy while we were walking to the post office. Big dog. My puppy was maybe 25 lbs. , year old. She ran and hid behind my legs. Don't know what the Taylor Knockdown Value is for a Ft. Lewis Boot. Have never choreographed velocity delivered by a good driving kick. But, can guarantee it applied low right behind the left front leg it is 100% effective for a one kick stop. Must have been impressive b/c the owner came running hollering, "Don't hurt my dog!" Good man. Highly values his dog. Cool. Would have hated to see the dog get hurt real bad.

Nowadays I have moderated my dealings with dogs. When running/jogging, I've been known to carry one of those little plastic fantastic pistols. Small bore. Don't know the velocity, etc. But loaded with water and ammonia ... extremely effective on any dog at all, large or whatever. Don't even have to get a good center hit. Dogs have big old noses. They just don't seem at all to like what happens when they get a nose full of water with a good dose of ammonia in it. If I get to sweating to hard and mess up my glasses, I can also shoot the lenses with the gun and do a good job of cleaning them up. Cool. Sincerely. bruce.