View Single Post

Old 02-13-2020, 01:30 PM

Liked 24,199 Times in 5,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddshooter View Post
I think that altimeter reads 10K + .

Working and breathing can get difficult up there. Great video and pics! I figured you for ATV, from the pics of your truck rig.

I spent my 20's during the '70's living in western Montana 5 miles out on ranch road (opening and closing gates). I used my VW bug with ginormous tires for snow plowing. The only problem was every 100 feet or so, I had to get out and clear the 4 feet of snow off my windshield to see.

Reading of your finishing at 5 AM in the sub-zero snow takes me back to getting up at 4 AM to start my day in the sub-zero snow. Cold, hungry stock doesn't like waiting for any man.

The memories of ranch life are the sweetest I have.

Prescut
Now Megalopolis Man in the fast lane.
I live at about 6200 ft and the coldest I remember it getting was -17°.

Not much of a gun thread is it?

This was the job that got me started with Utah State Parks OHV Program back in Aug 2012.

We built a new ATV trail to bypass some wetlands that people were abusing by not staying on the trail.

We had to build two small bridges to cross two small brooks and then the trail around the wetlands.

The money that paid my wages and two others on our crew was a grant from the BLM to the State Parks OHV Program and we worked under the forest Service. Quite a unique situation.

This was one of the best and funnest jobs I've ever had.
The Following User Likes This Post: