View Single Post

Old 02-15-2020, 12:07 AM

Liked 1,426 Times in 567 Posts
Default Couple of new to me Para Expert 1911's

So I walked into the local gun shop, not looking for anything in particular, just window shopping (as I told the counter guy). Usually everything new is outside my tastes, either too pricey or too plastic.

My son and I had just stopped at Academy to buy a new .45 acp brush, as mine had disappeared. So I admit I did have .45 on the mind, mostly just to look at. We drifted over to the used counter, looking at prices (mostly old police .40's), and I noticed that they had a few 1911's in the case. Most of them over $800.
Most, not all... there were 2 Para Experts in .45 acp, in like-new condition, $399. Both in 5" configuration, stock grips, tags said comes with box and 2 mags (one had 3). I looked them over, one had a skeletonized trigger, the other didn't (but still adjustable). Both had NC stamps, one has a barcode stamp on the slide, the other didn't.
When I say "like-new", I'm serious... the guns were dry as stone, but the finish on both are perfect. Both cases were serialized to the guns, the owner's manual and an ATF pamphlet are present and pristine, both have the bushing tool present... one still has an unopened Para gun lock in a bag.
I am pretty suspicious that these might have been old stock, that they just finally moved to the used counter and sold cheaper. One may have been a display.

I really couldn't decide between the two at the store, and my son was looking intently at them too. So I figured what the heck, picked them both up. I know the brand has some detractors, but as far as I can tell, these will do fine.

We took them to the range and they are definitely shooters, at least with FMJ.
Pics to follow
The Following 8 Users Like Post: