View Single Post

Old 02-17-2020, 04:40 PM
US Veteran

Liked 400 Times in 142 Posts

Blackemmons, I understand your frustration; but at least you got your money back.

I have been a Smith & Wesson fanboy all my life. I've been buying their guns for over 40 years; and will continue to do so.

I’ve had to send a couple of guns back, and they promptly fixed the problem. A couple of years ago I bought a “Performance Center” C.O.R.E. that was an absolute ***. The trigger was the worst I have ever seen on a handgun. After sending it in, and getting it back, with them saying it was “Okay”; it was still terrible, they did nothing.

I assumed it must just be a CS person that didn’t want to do their job, so I wrote a letter and sent copies to the President and the Firearms Director of S&W. I was immediately contacted by a CS person that said he had just come from the Firearms Directors office and was told to fix the problem. Great! The problem will be fixed.

But unfortunately not. After sending it in a second time, it was sent back again saying it was okay. I feel like I had a CS person that wanted me to know who was running the CS Department, and it wasn’t the Firearms Director. I gave up and bought an Apex trigger.

So no, you shouldn’t have to send your $1400 gun to a third party to make it perform right. Luckily I could do mine myself, but unfortunately for me I couldn’t get my money back. I’ll never waste my money on a “Performance Center” product again.

I’m a recently retired Toolmaker. Other than a few years as a cop; I’ve spent most of my life in manufacturing. The capabilities are far better than they were in “the old days”. The guns from back then would not be any better; I know that because I was buying them and still have some. what has changed is how Smith & Wesson responds to the problem. They don’t care.
The Following User Likes This Post: