View Single Post

Old 02-17-2020, 11:32 PM

Liked 6,553 Times in 910 Posts
Default Best Modern Concealment Holster for a 2-1/2 Inch Model 19-4 Square Butt

A while back I bought a nickel 2-1/2 inch Model 19-4 with a square butt from member ben_g1. It is an unusual configuration, and according to Roy, left the factory as a 6-inch, which was then re-barreled to the shorter length.

It is a great revolver. Accurate and it points naturally in my hand.

I have decided I need it as a carry piece, not as a desk ornament, if only because I have a patient with schizophrenia who has gone off his meds, off the rails, and is doing meth. Bad scene all the way around. He's threatened me more than once, and since I can't evade him, I need to carry for the first time since 1996, when something similar happened.

Welcome to the wonderful world of clinical social work.

I am a better than good shot, and don't have any qualms about dropping the hammer if I have to.

So, what kind of holster? I am 5'8", 235, and I do have a gut at age 72. Usually, I wear a sports jacket and slacks or a suit, and a tie.

What are your recommendations for a concealment holster? Price is not an issue. I hate Kydex, and plastic, so I am leaning towards something in leather, and lined. What do you guys, especially plainclothes LEOs, recommend? IWB, OWB, under the armpit, but it has got to be fast.

Thanks in advance.

I am all ears. The revolver in question is in the foreground of the photo below, and yes, those are carved mother of pearl stocks. They give good purchase, fit my hand well, and don't snag.