View Single Post

Old 02-18-2020, 08:54 PM

Liked 76 Times in 34 Posts

So... I called Novak for my 3953 that had dead night sights and was shooting way low.
They told me to go ahead and send the slide in and they would call me back.
When they called, they recommended going to an adjustable rear on the night sights as they didn't have a front sight post that was low enough to correct my problem with fixed sights.
(Which begs the question: Did S&W have QC problems with cutting the depths on the dovetails to the correct depth? That might explain why the guns I have that all shoot the same amount low...)
Anyway, I went ahead and authorized them to install the adjustable night sight set.
They called me back fast, did the work really fast, fast turnaround in general, didn't take my CC until the work was complete.. And surprisingly, the adjustable rear sight wasn't much higher than the old fixed sight. Not too worried about it snagging anything. All for $217 shipped. Not bad in my book.
Except...... I got it back today, installed the slide and checked it out in the dark, and...... The front night sight doesn't glow, it's dead...
So, back it goes.. What a bummer! I was really looking forward to a range trip this weekend to get it sighted in and getting this going..
I've never heard folks complain about Novak, hopefully this is just a one-off screw-up?

Last edited by Classic Radio99; 02-18-2020 at 08:58 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: